I’ve just got back from a three-week sojourn to Australia, so please forgive the lateness of this post. While I was swanning around Victoria and Western Australia, the shortlist for the 2018 Stella Prize was announced on International Women’s Day.
The shortlisted titles are:
- The Enlightenment of The Greengage Tree by Shokoofeh Azar
- Terra Nullius by Claire G. Coleman
- The Life To Come by Michelle de Kretser
- An Uncertain Grace by Krissy Kneen
- The Fish Girl by Mirandi Riwoe
- Tracker by Alexis Wright
The prize is for Australian women writers and only books, both fiction and non-fiction, published in 2017 were eligible. You can read the full announcement on the official website.
I plan on reviewing as many of the titles as I can. Do keep coming back to this post as I will update the hyperlinks above as and when I review each title.
The winner of the $50,000 prize will be announced on 12 April.