- Lucky Ticket by Joey Bui * (short stories)
- Songspirals: Sharing Women’s Wisdom of Country Through Songlines by Gay’wu Group of Women* (non-fiction about Aboriginal songlines)
- The House of Youssef by Yumna Kassab* (short stories)
- See What You Made Me Do by Jess Hill (non-fiction about domestic abuse)
- Diving into Glass by Caro Llewellyn (non-fiction about multiple sclerosis)
- When One Person Dies the World is Over by Mandy Ord* (graphic novel)
- There was Still Love by Favel Parrett** (novel)
- Here until August by Josephine Rowe*** (short stories)
- This is How We Change the Ending*** by Vikki Wakefield (young adult)
- The Yield by Tara June Winch (novel)
- The Weekend by Charlotte Wood (novel)
- The Paper Emperors by Sally Young* (non-fiction about Australian newspapers)
I have only read one (The Weekend by Charlotte Wood) and have two on my TBR (There Was Still Love by Favel Parett and The Yield by Tara June Winch) — most of the others are completely new to me.
The shortlist will be announced on 6 March and the winner named on 8 April. Only books published by Australian women between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2019 are eligible for the $50,000 prize.
* Available in the UK as a Kindle edition **Due to be released in UK on 20 Feb in hardcover and Kindle formats ***Available in the UK as a paperback