It was announced yesterday and the winner of the $50,000 prize for Australian women writers will be named next month.
The titles on the shortlist are as follows:
- ‘Fathoms: the world in the whale’ by Rebecca Giggs (Scribe Publications)
- ‘Revenge: Murder in Three Parts’ by S.L. Lim (Transit Lounge)
- ‘The Animals in That Country’ by Laura Jean McKay (Scribe Publications)
- ‘Witness’ by Louise Milligan (Hachette Australia)
- ‘Stone Sky Gold Mountain’ by Mirandi Riwoe (University of Queensland Press)
- ‘The Bass Rock’ by Evie Wyld (Penguin Random House)
I have already read The Animals in that Country which is an extraordinary novel and one that I would be very pleased to see take out the top prize. I do, however, plan on reading as many of these titles as possible before the winner is named. Please keep popping back here as I will update the hyperlinks above as and when I review each title.
The winner will be announced in Melbourne on 22 April.
You can read the official announcement here.
Please note, all books appear to be available to purchase in the UK and USA.