Congratulations to Jennifer Down whose novel Bodies of Light has been named the winner of this year’s Miles Franklin Literary Award.
I haven’t actually read the book myself but according to the blurb from the publisher, it sounds intriguing.
I didn’t really follow the award this year and only made a passing reference to the longlist in this post which I wrote at the end of May.
For the record, the titles on the shortlist were as follows:
- The Other Half of You by Michael Mohammed Ahmad (Hachette Australia)
- Scary Monsters by Michelle de Kretser (Allen & Unwin)
- Bodies of Light by Jennifer Down (Text Publishing)
- One Hundred Days by Alice Pung (Black Inc. Books)
- Grimmish by Michael Winkler (Puncher and Wattmann)
You can read more about the winner via this article published on The Guardian.